Understanding Christianity - Primary
Course Date: 09 March 2017
Dates: 9 March 2017, 19 June 2017, 10 October 2017
Please note: Each primary course runs over three days, which delegates are required to attend. There is one day of training in each term.
Trainer: Julia Diamond-Conway
Cost:£400 (discounts available for NATRE members)
Understanding Christianity is a new comprehensive training resource offering a clear and coherent approach to teaching Christianity in RE.
Understanding Christianity is based around a selection of core Christian concepts and structured across the age range (Early Years Foundation Stage to Key Stage 3), to help you support pupils in deepening their understanding of Christianity.
THE AIMS OF UNDERSTANDING CHRISTIANITY
• to enable pupils to learn about and understand Christianity as a living world faith by exploring core theological concepts
• to enable pupils to develop knowledge and skills in making sense of biblical texts and to understand their impact in the lives of Christians
• to develop pupils’ abilities to connect, critically reflect upon, evaluate and apply their learning to their own growing understanding of Christianity, of religion and belief more widely, of themselves, the world and human experience.
We want all teachers to have everything that they need to be able to teach Understanding Christianity well. When you attend one of our accredited training courses you will be given the Understanding Christianity resources packed with a huge range of thoughtful and engaging teaching and learning ideas and materials, including:
• a Teacher’s Handbook
• 29 full units of work, from Foundation Stage 2 through to Year 9
• introductory booklets for each phase
• over 150 photocopiable resource sheets
• the Big Frieze illustration, setting the concepts within a wider biblical context
• picturing Christianity – a visual teaching resource pack for learning from global Christianity
• online access to additional materials and support.
For more information, please download the document below: