The British Journal of Religious Education is a termly international peer-reviewed journal which has a pedigree stretching back to 1934. It is the leading journal in Britain for the dissemination of international research in religion and education and for the scholarly discussion of issues concerning religion and education internationally.
BJRE is edited by Professor Vivienne Baumfield, University of Glasgow. It is published in association with Christian Education.
BJRE aims to promote and report research and scholarship in religious education and related fields such as values education, spiritual education and intercultural education insofar as they relate to the discussion of religion or religious traditions and movements.
Contributions relating to the following are especially welcome:
- research and scholarship on religious education as understood in the UK publicly funded school sector
- international research and scholarship relating to religious education in the schools of plural societies
- religious education in faith based schools
- religious perspectives on education
- childhood and religion in community and school settings
Contributions are welcome from researchers and scholars of any faith or none in all sectors of education (including higher education, schools, educational administration and inspection). Submissions from graduate students are welcome.